1. Where is your favorite place to write?
Any place where I can people watch with free Wi-Fi, which is currently at a Starbucks in the heart of the city.
2. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee in the summer, and tea in the winter.
3. Favorite book of all-time?
“Love Poems” by Nikki Giovanni
4. NaNoWriMo yes or no?
Yes. This year is my first year.
5. Genre that you would write if you had no restrictions?
Thriller – I love reading it but have yet to finish my first novel/novella.
6. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
Mind reading so I can help people get to the point quicker especially when I’m trying to get away and go write something.
7. Favorite author?
Nikki Giovanni. Her words have always spoke to me in a special way. Plus, she loves the essence of Tupac, just like me.
8. What kind of music do you listen to when you write?
Depends on what part of the story I’m on but normally for my passion-fy stories, I choose old school R&B and Soul – something like the Isley Brothers.
9. If you could live anywhere in the world where will it be?
Great question. Anywhere with a winery on the property.
10. What do you do when you get writer’s block?
I try several things; yoga, read or watch a movie. Hell, I’ll even take a nap. Those always work.
11. Are you a plotter or a pantser?
Pantser for the most part. I’d rather have things flow organically than outline. When I’ve tried to outline, I rarely stick to it.
12. Do you have a playlist for your characters?
Not for my characters, but for my stories, since I’m a short story writer. Each story has its own rhythm and mood.
13. Do you write every day?
Absolutely! I’ve learned that repetition creates a habit and a habit feeds a passion. Writing keeps me breathing and seeing, so I literally have to do it every day.
Visit DNC’s website for the latest news.