1. Where is your favorite place to write? I usually write in my office with my dogs at my feet and I love that. But the beach would be my favorite place. I take my laptop, grab a coffee and find a shady spot under a tree. Even though, I know if I did it every day, I’d probably fall sleep more than write, lol!
2. Coffee or Tea? I’m a coffee girl. But I only drink decaf because caffeine does awful things to me. I order a skinny milk, decaf cappuccino and people are always asking me why I bother!
3. Favorite book of all-time? I honestly don’t have one. I love lots of books, but my favorite genre is definitely mystery. But it has to have a large dash of humor to go with it.
4. NaNoWriMo yes or no? I’ve never participated in this but the idea sounds good. It would suit the way I write. I tend to get my idea on the page and then go back over it again and again until I get it how I want it. Not very efficient I guess, but it works for me.
5. Genre that you would write if you had no restrictions? I’m not sure if there is a genre that I would fit in, but it would definitely be suspense with a bit of romance and a lot of humor along the way.
6. If you could have any superpower what would it be? To move things with my mind. You have no idea how many times I sit on the couch, three dogs jump onto my lap and then I have to get back up because I forgot something.
7. Favorite author? Hmmm, I have a few. I love Gemma Halliday of course. Not only because I love her as a publisher, but I’ve been reading her books for many years before that. I also love Sophie Kinsella, JK Rowling, Jennifer Crusie and Janet Evanovich just to name a few. Honestly, this list wouldn’t end if I wrote them all
8. What kind of music do you listen to when you write? I listen to the radio – a mix of current music and old school. I like to keep it happy though, and if a sad song comes on I generally change station.
9. If you could live anywhere in the world where will it be? Right here, where I live on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia. I love everything about it!
10. What do you do when you get writer’s block? I go shopping!
11. Are you a plotter or a pantser? I’m a bit of both. I have the general plot outlined, but what happens after that often surprises even me
12. Do you have a playlist for your characters? This is a fun idea! I’ve never done this, but I’d say that Samantha from my new novel Deadly Wipeout would listen to a lot of 50’s music. You know a bit of Beach Boys, a bit of Connie Francis – that kind of thing.
13. Do you write every day? I try to. Some days I start but then get distracted by the promotion side of it all. And maybe reading. That distracts me at times also!
Visit Beth’s website for the latest news!
Copyright © 2016 by Diane Morasco